After you have unpacked from the honeymoon, it’s time to search for the perfect place to live in wedded bliss. We researched cities across the country—looking at cost of living, mean annual income, the unemployment rate, and rental inventory to identify 10 great cities for newlyweds. In fact, the first five cities on the list are all performing better than the national average for unemployment rate, annual mean income and cost of living! These top picks are all wonderful places to create a fun and affordable lifestyle.
Top 10 Best Cities for Newlyweds:
- Austin, TX: Austin is the perfect home to inspire creative couples. A thriving art scene is a great way to experience unique date nights and meet other couples.
- Raleigh, NC: Young professionals and new families are drawn to Raleigh for its affordability, friendliness, and favorable climate. Livable residential neighborhoods with the cultural benefits of a larger city make Raleigh the perfect place to settle down.
- Dallas, TX: If you’re looking for a sports town, Dallas is the perfect new home. From watching professional sports to getting outdoors and playing yourself, active couples will never experience a dull moment in Dallas.
- Kansas City, MO: Living in Kansas City offers a dynamic blend of affordability and high culture. From a renaissance of the arts and plentiful historical sites to the warmth of a small town, newlyweds will truly find a home in KC.
- Houston, TX: One of the most culturally-rich cities in the nation, Houston offers everything from world-class museums to local farmers markets. Houston is great for both couples and new families, and boasts a thriving culinary scene.
- Denver, CO: Did you know that Denver brews more beer than any other city in the country? From craft beer culture to day trips to the Rocky Mountains, Denver is the city for adventurous newlyweds.
- Minneapolis, MN: As the American Fitness Index’s “Fittest City in America,” Minneapolis is the most bike-friendly city in the nation. From lakes to parks, newlyweds will stay fit and active in Minneapolis.
- Phoenix, AZ: A city with the heart of real cowboys and rugged mountains offers perpetual sunshine and colorful deserts for hiking and exploring. And if outdoor adventures don’t suit your lifestyle, Phoenix is also known to be a haven for foodies and families.
- Washington, DC: A central location with a wide variety of job opportunities, Washington, DC offers something for everyone—shopping, entertainment and cultural activities. It’s truly the city of compromise for opposites that attract.
- Baltimore, MD: A modern cultural center known for its hospitality, Baltimore offers a vibrant waterfront scene coupled with a laid-back attitude. This city is perfect for couples looking for the comfort of a smaller hometown with the benefits of urban living.
[Photo Credit: Mike Staff Productions]